Your Thoughts?

TOOLTOOL Join Date: 2003-10-07 Member: 21501Members
<div class="IPBDescription">marines vs. aliens</div> considering the marine team has equal skill to the alien team and considering they have equal strategy.....marines win.....at least this is what i believe i think a really good marine team versus a really good aliens team will go to the marine team every time....what are your thoughts?

Comments

• spidermonkeyspidermonkey @ Join Date: 2003-09-13 Member: 20810Members
    I think organisation is the key for marines. An organised marine team can beat the alien team nearly every game, so mostly this is true. I guess it is easier to be organised as marines, you have a comm, you move in squads etc, though alien organisation can be deadly, try it.
  • ForlornForlorn Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2634Banned
    TOOL:

Nah. In teams ranging from 6v6 to 8v8 I think that aliens are at the advantage.

I know that marines can own skulks hardcore, but so can skulks with good ambushes.

A skulk who simply waits above a doorway will beat a marine in a 1v1 match if the two players are equal in skill, beleive it or not. Skulks have more than enough hitpoints to pwn rines.
  • Turkey2Turkey2 Join Date: 2003-04-23 Member: 15766Members
    edited October 2003
    If a good alien team lets a good marine team to last too long and tech up marines should win the majority of the time. But the aliens shoulda faded your res long before you have a chance to get to top tech. Unfortunately its impossible to test teams of equal skill, most often the win could be coming from the few more skilled players or a lucky bounce or shot (or unlucky to that point). But the longer the game goes the better chance marines have as they can tech from any position with any number of res nodes given enough time.

btw yes team size can make a huge difference too, but I think 8 is pretty close to no advantage either way.
  • Cold_NiTeCold_NiTe Join Date: 2003-09-15 Member: 20875Members
    Once the marines tech up, then the aliens are in trouble. Thats why aliens always get forced to play area denial. Hive lockdowns just compound the problem.

And yet, despite all this, no aliens ever try to take down the upgrade buildings. The proto lab seems to remain untouched, as does the obs and the other important buildings.