Problems Starting Linux Server As Of Today

havenhaven Join Date: 2002-11-15 Member: 8767Members
Hi All

Just a quick heads up to see if anyone else has experienced problems running a won based server as of this morning. My server normally runs fine but I'm getting some odd errors and a failure to authenticate via won as of this morning.

Any advice appreciated:

<!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> ./hlds_run -game ns +map ns_hera +maxplayers 22 -pingboost 3 +sys_ticrate 2000 +sv_maxupdaterate 100
Auto detecting CPU
Using AMD Optimised binary.
Auto-restarting the server on crash

Console initialized.
Protocol version 46
Exe version 3.1.1.1
Exe build: 18:21:32 Jul 29 2003 (2469)
Error connecting to Auth server: ES_ERROR_NO_TYPE
Auth Server
Server IP address 195.92.99.29:27015

Metamod version 1.16.2 Copyright © 2001-2003 Will Day <willday@metamod.org>
Metamod comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `meta gpl'.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `meta gpl' for details.

CDMOD: Cheating-Death has successfully hooked the game dll.

Cheating-Death v4.2.0
This software is free and comes
with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
<a href='http://www.unitedadmins.com/cdeath.php' target='_blank'>http://www.unitedadmins.com/cdeath.php</a>

Trying to authenticate with WON servers
<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

At this point it does nothing for hours - also having checked for any information on the "Error connecting to Auth server: ES_ERROR_NO_TYPE" error message - all I can find is suggestions to make sure you use hlds_run rather than hlds - which I am doing ...

Any thoughts / help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• verboseverbose Join Date: 2002-11-25 Member: 9968Members, Constellation
    No problems here. Still having that issue? Firewall rules change? Other copies of HLDS running on the same box? Anything at all change from yesterday, no matter how seemingly insignificant?
  • CheesyPetezaCheesyPeteza Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9784Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    Your hosting this at work aren't you? Has someone closed some ports on the firewall perhaps?
  • havenhaven Join Date: 2002-11-15 Member: 8767Members
    Nope not hosting at work, but you are both right. The Server owner changed the firewall ruleset which blocked access to the won master server.

Thanks for the response.