Converting Some Of My Cs Script To Ns

Pvt_W_HudsonPvt_W_Hudson Join Date: 2003-09-16 Member: 20912Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Will it work, and is it accepted?</div> Hi folks,

just another n00b question from me.

I would like to do a bit of cut & paste from my CS config to NS. But does it work?
Im thinking about making the <i>crouch jump</i>, <i>walk toggle</i> and <i>quick pistol</i> scripts to work in NS.

I could just go home and try it out. But I would also like your oppinion on using the above in NS. Is it frowned upon?

Comments

• MintmanMintman Join Date: 2003-05-30 Member: 16866Members
    It would work, and in my opinion, only scripts that bind multiple attacks are lame.
  • SoulSkorpionSoulSkorpion Join Date: 2002-04-12 Member: 423Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Pvt. W. Hudson+Oct 1 2003, 06:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Pvt. W. Hudson @ Oct 1 2003, 06:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Hi folks,

just another n00b question from me.

I would like to do a bit of cut & paste from my CS config to NS. But does it work?
    Im thinking about making the <i>crouch jump</i>, <i>walk toggle</i> and <i>quick pistol</i> scripts to work in NS.

I could just go home and try it out. But I would also like your oppinion on using the above in NS. Is it frowned upon? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It's argued over eternally. The only scripts which are seriously not on are scripts to fire your pistol rapidly, and any which exploit bugs in the game. Convert to your heart's content.
  • nthingnthing Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3091Members
    edited October 2003
    <!--QuoteBegin--Mintman+Oct 1 2003, 10:47 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Mintman @ Oct 1 2003, 10:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> It would work, and in my opinion, only scripts that bind multiple attacks are lame. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Why isn't the walk toggle or crouch jump script lame (not saying that it is, just playing Devil's Advocate here)?
  • MintmanMintman Join Date: 2003-05-30 Member: 16866Members
    Walk toggle doesn't let you do something you can't do normally. Also a crouch jump key means you do something in one press instead of two. If you think that's exploiting then no-one can use hud_fastswitch as that does the same thing in essence.
  • Wintermute1Wintermute1 Join Date: 2003-08-22 Member: 20088Members
    You don't get an advantage by using crouchjump or walktoggle, they just make your life easier, therefore they are not cheats. I would say that's a pretty good definition.