Keyboard Mapping?

rm2kacerrm2kacer Join Date: 2003-09-13 Member: 20841Banned
<div class="IPBDescription">F12=launch Half Life?</div> is there a way to map my keyboard to make it when i hit a certain keystroke it does somthing? Cuz i really want to have F12 launch half life.

oh and is there a way to disable my left windows key when half life is running?

thanks

Comments

• Teufel_EldritchTeufel_Eldritch Join Date: 2002-01-28 Member: 124Members
    About F12...I dunno.

About the Win key.....just pop the key tab off. Works for me. =)
  • DY357LXDY357LX Playing since day 1. Still can&#39;t Comm. England Join Date: 2002-10-27 Member: 1651Members, Constellation
    There is a Reg Key you can delete to stop the Windows
    Key from functioning. Not 100% sure which it is though.
    I also "popped" my Windows key off the Keyboard due to
    annonyances.
  • Marik_SteeleMarik_Steele To rule in hell... Join Date: 2002-11-20 Member: 9466Members
    For hotkeys: I don't think pressing F12 alone is an option without a 3rd party program, but Windows (at least Win2k and XP, AFAIK) has built-in functionality for a combination like ctrl+alt+shift+letter to get to any program you choose. Just right-click the HL shortcut, go to "properties," and click on the field for "shortcut key." Press and release the combination of your choosing, and if it stays there, pressing "apply" or "ok" will enable it. Use the combination whenever you want.

For the left Windows key: if you have a brand-name keyboard (such as one by Microsoft) you can use their official drivers/hotkey configuration program to disable things like the left or right windows key entirely. Otherwise, disabling it will require a 3rd party program; I think there's one called "I hate this key!" or something to that effect.
  • pardzhpardzh Join Date: 2002-10-25 Member: 1601Members
    A quick google and...

<a href='http://www.downlinx.com/proghtml/41/4154.htm' target='_blank'>WinKey Killer</a>

Use Google before you post anything, just like you use the Search button on the forums.
  • rm2kacerrm2kacer Join Date: 2003-09-13 Member: 20841Banned