Steam Ids..

ubermenschubermensch Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11692Banned
<div class="IPBDescription">anyone know where they're saved?</div> i'm not sure whether this has been discussed in another topic, and i sincerely apologize bringing it up if it has been, but does anyone know where the Steam ID is saved?

supposedly your original HL CD key is converted from WON ID -> Steam ID, i read somewhere that they havent started the conversions yet but don't know if thats true or not..

i checked the registry, where the orginal CD Key was stored, and no luck.. is it saved in a file somewhere in the steam dir?

thanks a lot for any feedback

Comments

• HawkeyeHawkeye Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1855Members
    Well I don't think there is anyway to find out to be honest. If people knew how to convert CDs, they'd make programs to convert old CD codes they don't have. Then the people who have the CDs won't be able to get on since someone else is using their personalized ID.
  • CForresterCForrester P0rk(h0p Join Date: 2002-10-05 Member: 1439Members, Constellation
    Go in to the Steam directory and open Steam.log in Notepad or such.

Look for this line, or one similar:
    <!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->CsComm        ConnectionPool        Sep-12-2003  17:36:23.666  [1752]  Did not find an existing connection, attempting new connection 0,66.250.220.45:27030 for 0:0:<span style='color:red'>79740</span><!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What I put in red should be a different number. That's your SteamID.
  • ubermenschubermensch Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11692Banned
    <!--QuoteBegin--Hawkeye+Sep 16 2003, 01:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Hawkeye @ Sep 16 2003, 01:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Well I don't think there is anyway to find out to be honest. If people knew how to convert CDs, they'd make programs to convert old CD codes they don't have. Then the people who have the CDs won't be able to get on since someone else is using their personalized ID. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    yeah.. but i have 4 authentic cds of my own, and im trying to figure out how to use thoes cd keys to change my steam ID at my leisure