Custom Models On A Server

SnakeUbSnakeUb Join Date: 2003-07-02 Member: 17871Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">for admins</div> I hear its possible to set up a server with custom models that are sent to the client and they would see them instead of the defaults but they wouldnt be replaced. basicly what i want to know is if there is a server mod in existence that would allow custom models to load so that members of the clan get the clan tag branded onto their armour and some slight skin alterations so people can see that we are admins and we get to look a little dierend on our server.

Comments

• AkalamanaiaAkalamanaia Join Date: 2003-01-04 Member: 11833Members
    hey it would be cool if a client with a custom model for rine and skulk and stuff would connect, every time server would dl hes models and show him as them when hes using them and each person would be unique(each one with the models they use). i havent heard of this kind of plugin thought...
  • EnemyWithinEnemyWithin Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5572Members
    edited September 2003
    1). I believe you would have to replace their entire model (not just brand a tag onto the existing model's armor). If you replaced the light armor marine model, then all light armor marines would have the tag, not just your clan members.
    2). Can you replace a model while the game is actually running? I would think that the models would be loaded at game start. This would require you to download the new model and then have the person "retry" the server. Although you might be able to have adminmod (or something similar) do this before the game loads. I've seen it done with sound files.
    3). Replacing people's models without their permission is a good way to **** people off. How would you be reverting them back to their original models when they are done playing on your server?

Probably the only way to do something like this would entail Flayra to allow special models for "authed" players. Instead of loading the default light marine model, it would load a special one (or default if special isn't available). This would allow each server to have their own special models. It also might cause problems with the mp_consistency setting.
  • EvilGrinEvilGrin Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6851Members
    quite simple.

1) edit your map .res files to include your 'admin' or 'clan' player model files.
    2) write a metamod plugin to create (re-enable?) a server console 'model' command allowing anyone with rcon to change any players model. eg, rcon model leetadmin admin_onos
    3) write a adminmod/amx wrapper script and/or put up with rcon commands.