Ns On Multi Monitors

Jabba_The_HuntJabba_The_Hunt Join Date: 2003-01-05 Member: 11850Members
It has already been found that multiple monitors do not work well with NS, although I have seen that the dev team does not currently know why there is an issue. I found this on the Nvidia website (http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_20011119_6349.html)

"I am running in Multi-Monitor mode/Twinview mode but my OpenGL games won't run. How can I fix this?

Under Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/NT4, when using a dual monitor setup, certain OpenGL games will not run. This is not an issue with the drivers themselves, but with the OpenGL API, which can only accelerate one hardware graphics card at a time. To fix this problem, simply disable the second monitor and your OpenGL 3D program will work again. Direct 3D does support multi-monitors and should not experience this type of problem. Some OpenGL applications will operate in dual monitor mode but will revert to software rendering where the performance will be at a reduced speed. Most OpenGL applications however, will detect that the renderer is not working and simply refuse to execute, such as Quake III Arena."

Someone with a multi-monitor setup might want to test NS with both monitors on direct 3d, see what happens, although I realise many people have a signficant frame rate loss from direct 3d.

Comments