Console Problem

VigilantiaVigilantia Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 51Members
I got a problem with the console: It doesnt even show up! It used to be able to work but ever since I tested a server, it doesnt work anymore. is there any commands or things i can do to make it come up/back again?

P.S. o ya, how do u disable auto reload

Comments

• ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    your path for your NS shortcut (or HL or what ever you use to launch) should look like this:
    C:\Games\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe -game ns -noipx -nointro -console -numericping

-console is the important one

also make sure your config.cfg has these lines in it:
    console "1.0"
    bind "~" "console 1.0; toggleconsole"
    bind "`" "console 1.0; toggleconsole"
  • VigilantiaVigilantia Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 51Members
    WELL DOES THIS LOOK GOOD?: C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe -game ns -noipx -32bpp -nointro -console -numericping. Theres some extra stuff added to it. The weird thing is, is that on other mods like FA or CS i can use the console, so i think its only in NS for some weird **** problem. I think ill reinstall it if i cant fix it tomorrow.

P.S. does anyone no how to disable Auto-reload? (as in console commands?)
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    did you look at the rest of my post?

and no you can't disable autoreload
  • VigilantiaVigilantia Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 51Members
    ya i did, it had the exact same thing except that there was no "console 1.0;" in both of them. I think ill just reinstall HL though, saves me the bother.
    lol mate

first up reinstall HL won't do anything more then simply delling your config.cfg then running NS (it will generate a new one)

try that first