A Newborn Gorges' Guide To Defenses.

2»

Comments

• NecrosisNecrosis The Loquacious Sage Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18828Members, Constellation
    I like to abuse web near my traps. Nothing worse than a few OC at a ladder and webbing at it. Anyone climbs down gets webbed and OCed to death. Swearing follows.

I'm wary of agreeing about building DC and OC all around a position and using that to lurk in. But yes, defensive positions are good for the TEAM if well designed and placed near hives.

To be honest my hive defences are outside the hive room, usually a corridor or two away, a nice long run for the marines and means the hive room itself has advance warning.

What I am still seeing is people spam building without a purpose. Take your time with the OCs, place them in long corridors and near webbing, and if you can afford the res, use sensory, as you'll usually catch more marines that way.

In one game on....erm... the map with the sleeping quarters and cafeteria and lift outside marine base down to the cafeteria, in that one I put up a WoL at the RT right beside the marine base. So they either went down the lift into cafeteria and got mauled, or charged my WoL, only to die in droves.... and every 2-3 deaths meant another OC. We had them nailed in for the game, it was a complete walkover.