Why Aren't Servers Using Autobalancing?

AposApos Join Date: 2003-06-14 Member: 17369Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">with autoconcede, it's annoying</div> Has this happened to you: your team is losing: you're down to one hive, the marines have HA/lvl3shotguns and have locked down most of the map. Then, suddenly your team magically wins!

What the heck happened? Autoconcede, apparently. I don't know if it was in 21.04, but it's in 2.0 and turned on on almost every server. And it's profoundly annoying.

What's worse is that unlike in the 1.04 days, almost every 2.0 server has both random assignment and team autobalancing turned off. This makes for an even deadlier combo.

7 v 7, aliens vs marines.

One alien drops due to connection. Some guy comes on server who only plays marines and joins. The server lets him. Now it's 6 v 9. Another alien drops, or f4s, and boom: alien win. Or at least, that's what I've seen several times.

So what is it with servers and autobalancing? In 2.0, both teams are fun to play (though aliens is arguably more fun). Why can't they switch it on? Or is it just off by default and no one's picked up on it yet?

Comments

• OlljOllj our themepark-stalking nightmare Fade Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10696Members
    what i hate more is doing a highly risky strat (like werid early rushes and relocations) , if it fails your team f4s, when you succeed the other team does.