Smaller Things

SnidelySnidely Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13098Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Non-balance suggestions</div>Since the I&S forum is off limits for now, I'll post it here. Since it's not ideas about game balance, I don't see how it could do any harm.

This thread is for the small touches that can be used to improve gameplay. Here's what I think:

- Context sensitive icons for the commander would be nice. The alien ones rock.

- I had a game today where my squad two would get confused by their waypoint dissapearing after they reached it. (They were to guard base.) Since it vanished and they didn't get a new one, they assumed that they were free to run off somewhere. It'd be really nice that if you hold down the button for a second or so, it changes from "Move To This Waypoint" to "Guard This Location". The icon would stay there until you issued a new order.

- If there was a little icon to show whether you were cloaked or not as an alien. The current indicator method obstructs the status bar, and is a bit unreliable to boot. A little icon would be preferable imo.

- The weapons and armour upgrades had a little number in the corner to represent their level. It's nice to know.