Some Mouse And Video Issues.

LuisXLuisX Join Date: 2003-08-06 Member: 19101Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Please help :)</div> Hey guys, Ive been playing this mod for a while, and I have some video/mouse issues with Half Life in general, perhaps you guys can help?

I apologize if this thread belongs somewhere else.

Basically, if I have fps_max at anything higher than 30, everytime I use my mouse, or any command, I experience some sort of lag that is independant of my ping. This happens also when I am using a welder on any structure, the particles seem to "accelerate" my video card, and it makes everything sluggish again. Its as if I were playing on cl_predict 0.

Also, everytime I get disconnected, and I go back to the server listing built it in Half Life, I have to quit the game and restart it, because if I do not, when I go back to the console or game, it displays a recursive console background display, or other weird video effects.

This are my system specs:

Athlon 2.0 XP
1 Gig DDR Ram
Windows XP
Atlus MotherBoard
Geoforce 5200 FX

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• SoulSkorpionSoulSkorpion Join Date: 2002-04-12 Member: 423Members
    *shrug* no idea, other than the usual "download the latest drivers".

You might want to try the tech support forum, if this thread doesn't get moved.
  • XCanXCan Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5904Members, Constellation
    I don't know if this will solve anything but only use NS in OpenGL since the idiots at Valve obviously don't know how to code in D3D.
  • Onkel_DittmeyerOnkel_Dittmeyer Join Date: 2003-07-05 Member: 17951Members
    edited August 2003
    Exactly, why use an open cross-platform-able grafx library when you can impawn your soul to Micro$oft?!
    /me sets irony mode off
    Despite the fact that Valve licensed the Quake I engine from ID I think they had enough other game specific things in this time to work on than coding another renderer in DX...
    @ Topic: Try switching EAX support on or deactivate mouse acceleration in windows. That fixed the problem so far for me.