Marines Are "nerfed"?

fo_sheezy_my_neezyfo_sheezy_my_neezy Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10768Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">I beg to differ</div> I guess I'm in the 1.3 of the forum posters who's going to say "wait a few weeks to judge." It seems that every time I've lost as marines in 2.0 is a direct result of the commander not communicating. The sole exception was once on origin, and that was because the commander turret farmed 10+ turrets at each of the TWO res nodes we capped. We never got a hive. If I have no orders, I rambo around to find something to do. Otherwise the game gets boring quickly. The problem in 2.0 hasn't been that there are rambos or that marines are "nerfed," it's that there just aren't enough decent comms yet. I played 6 games last night as aliens. Of those 6 games, we lost probably 3. And this wasn't due to stupidity on our part either. We did the same thing every time, and it basically went: win a game, loose a game, win a game...... you get the point. I think that the marines can be fairly overpowered if the comm is doing his job. Get 6 HAs, 1 with a shotgun, 3 with HMGs, and two with GLs..... everyone welding each other, comm dropping health and ammo as needed, plus scanning in front of the group every so often. We lost 2 built hives and they were killing the building hive before we got them all. By that time they were suited up and ready to go again. I honestly can't see what everyone is saying with marines are nerfed. It's just the comm that's nerfed. Once the comms get better and more experience, I think there will be more awesome games.

(sorry about the huge paragraph)

Comments

• AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    i try to say that all the time.. but ok, nerf the aliens.. we will have a happy slaugthering in 1-2 weeks :-) (the bad thing is.. normaly im a alien.. but to help those poor marines i comm sometimes.. and always win.. perhaps because i know the enemy???)
  • SpazmaticSpazmatic Join Date: 2003-05-10 Member: 16184Members
    Plenty of good comms, not enough people listening to them... Always interjecting their own opinions (which is fine, as long as they don't insist on them and offer them as advice instead). "Please, everyone, go through the phase gate NOW." Response? *hump hump*

I waypoint, group, drop ammo, medpack spam... And still I have heavy armors wander off on their own.
  • fo_sheezy_my_neezyfo_sheezy_my_neezy Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10768Members, Constellation
    I'm almost always an alien. I always have been, probably always will be. When 1.0 came out there were never slots on marines open so I learned all about kharaa, and now it's my preferred choice (though I'm a mean shot for the marines if it comes down to it). Yeah, like another post said, go ahead and nerf the aliens until the comms come around and figure stuff out, then bring us back up to par.

I rarely ever see a game lost because of the marines themselves, though I admit people hump that armory for too long. I never get that, I figure I'm going to die before I run out of my ammo anyways, so why fill up? grab 2-3 extra clips for each weapon and go.