Flayra Plz Stop Listening To The Bloody Wingers

2»

Comments

• gc_phillehgc_philleh Join Date: 2003-08-04 Member: 18898Members
    That sounds a fantastic idea, wonder why it wasnt implemented.
  • ZdrozZZdrozZ Join Date: 2003-01-11 Member: 12158Members, Constellation
    Hm, I wonder on what servers do you play? HMG + shotgun and a redemption onos dies in 1 second... just learn to aim. I saw many marine wins with 20+ dead redemption onos and only 1-2 ha getting devoured. Whenever a good commander enters the marines win, some friends says that marines are overpowered, but I think its too early to judge 2.0.
  • noelephantnoelephant Join Date: 2003-02-13 Member: 13518Members
    The give res back system would make redemption useless for Oni that already had 100 resources stored up.
  • QuaunautQuaunaut The longest seven days in history... Join Date: 2003-03-21 Member: 14759Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Man, and I thought there would be more SMART PEOPLE who would READ what he wrote. God, can you say stupid?!

HE WROTE, IN PLAIN ENGLISH, THAT THIS IS FOR SCRIM GAMES AND MATCHES. THE CHANGES ARENT FOR PUBS.

Reason: Aliens were ALWAYS winning in scrimmages, and he's just trying to find out about the game.

Not to mention, did ANY of you idiots hear of anyone complaining about "skulks being too powerful"?! God, read the post, nublits!
  • LambdaProjectLambdaProject Join Date: 2002-02-20 Member: 230Members
    If you already had 100 resources stored up then don't get redemption (If we pretend to be using the theoretical redemption system)

Quaunaut, chill, who is "he"? What you are talking about.
  • LazerLazer Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14406Members, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    <!--QuoteBegin--Mythr1l+Aug 5 2003, 09:37 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Mythr1l @ Aug 5 2003, 09:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> u sound just like some whiney alien who isnt going be able to noob it up by your redemption onos tactic, people like you whine, others tell the devs whats wrong and needs to be fixed. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Who are you talking to? Here's a better question, who ARE you? It sounds like you're flaming and that is against the forum's rules. Maybe if you read the topic its that Flayra shouldn't listen to the ones whining about redemption onos. I have no problem with them handicapping the oni devour. It just gives me even more reason to use another one of their moves, which takes down even MORE guys before redeeming than devour does. Devour had no reason to change, just because a few little kids that got scored of dying inside an onos complained, doesn't mean it needed to be changed.
  • AriesAries Join Date: 2003-07-26 Member: 18454Members
    First off, I'm a mostly marine player, ok. Redemption/devour is fine. Don't nerf it. Why don't you nerf charge like the other guy said. An onos just charges in, kills 2-3 marines and redeems out. With devour the onos just gets 1 marine. Also, without redemption, an Onos who has devoured a marine has no chance of getting away because he moves even slower than he usually does.

While we're at it, lets totally nerf jp's. I mean, its so unfair to skulks and non-hive-3 fades and onos. How are they supposed to kill that marine all the way up there in the air, huh? Oh, sure, he comes down eventually, but redemption doesn't always save the onos either. And what about celerity/carapace skulk doing xeno's on the marines. Those marines are gonna have one heck of a time hitting that skulk enough, so lets nerf that. And these sensory chambers with their cloaking, yikes, we gotta nerf that because its too easy for those aliens to just hid there and wait for the stupid marines who can't be bother checking for sensory and their stupid commander who doesn't pay attention and scanner sweep to come along and kill them.

Redeem isn't the greatest thing for aliens, though. Its a double sided coin. On one side, it saves the alien from having to spend all those res again and the time of gestation. However, the alien doesn't have any choice about when he redeems or to where he redeems. He just does, and then has to wait to be healed by hive and then has to take the time to get back to where he was. This makes redeem useful for marines since instead of having to kill the aliens, they just have to do enough damage to them and they dissapear for a while.

As for that other guy who talked about the game where the onos just sat by IP's devouring marines, those were some lame onos and aren't an accurate representation of most players. Most alien teams would have destroyed the IP's by that point.

The fact is that for a while, marines are gonna have a hard time because they had it pretty easy with ha/hmg/jp in 1.04. Now they need the same skill level as the aliens needed in 1.04 and still need now.