A Half-life Question

BigMadSteveBigMadSteve Join Date: 2003-02-12 Member: 13472Members
<div class="IPBDescription">CD-Key</div> Well my PC is being fixed right now (formatted also) but I have lost my Half Life disk. I took a note of the serial number though (its legitimate, I bought the game). Would it be possible to borrow someone else's copy of Half Life, type in my code, and still be able to play online and let him still play online?

Comments

• SepirothSepiroth Join Date: 2003-02-07 Member: 13226Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Jay123+Jul 23 2003, 04:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Jay123 @ Jul 23 2003, 04:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Well my PC is being fixed right now (formatted also) but I have lost my Half Life disk. I took a note of the serial number though (its legitimate, I bought the game). Would it be possible to borrow someone else's copy of Half Life, type in my code, and still be able to play online and let him still play online? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    yes, very much possible...hell, you could take your "Half-Life" CD Key and use it in CS Retail, etc....basically WON doesn't care about key<->cd matches, just that your key is valid. So, yes, it would be possible for you to borrow someone's copy and use your key and you and them both be able to play online still....
  • BigMadSteveBigMadSteve Join Date: 2003-02-12 Member: 13472Members
    Thanks for your help.