Questions...

horror_kidhorror_kid Join Date: 2002-06-14 Member: 765Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Which features are still existant?</div>I stumbled upon some of the early ideas for NS and wondered which of them would still be implemented in the first and/or future releases... At one point there were plans to implement things such as fear, fatigue and morale for the marines... Also the idea of player rankings showing the general experience level of a player, be it a new recruit or a veteran, was once spoken of... It was also considered to implement some form of rage into the aliens... At one point some alien upgrades would have included a prehensile tongue, similar to a grapling hook, and 'vengeance' which would imediately kill the next marine damaged... And possibly dramitic music who's volume would climax with proximity of enemies, much like a movie... Are any of these features still existant, or planned to be implemented later?

NOTE: I am not attempting to suggest any of these or repeat previous questions, but I have quite a few questions here to be able to search for them all in old posts... and these seem to be rarely mentioned features (at least recently) so i didnt know if they were removed or just hush-hush. Thank you for reading through this whole thing.

Comments

• FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Most of those features have been delayed or removed.  Lots of ideas don't turn out that great when you go to implement them or after you try them in playtest.  Most of those could be cool, and might be there in the future, but aren't in for v1.0.  On the other hand, lots of different ideas DID make it in, so it's a trade-off.
  • horror_kidhorror_kid Join Date: 2002-06-14 Member: 765Members
    just curious, ive been following ns for much longer than ive used the forums, so am fully aware of all the extra features, many of the older ideas seem to have been replaced with much better ones, the grapling hook is kinda generic and the fatigue gets kinda old IMHO, so i didnt know which features remained for better or worse, thanks FLAY...