Rambling...grrr

SinSpawnSinSpawn Harbinger of Suffering Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8359Members
<div class="IPBDescription">ns can be so one sided...</div> Currently most tiems I despise ns during game, but I love the idea of NS how its the most original mod I know...

But NS did try to balance the game didn't they? I mean I was playing NS shortly and us aliens had all res but 2-3, we had cargo hive and via hive....they had hmgs/gl/jp you name it, we had fades...

If i get carapace for fade, I get killed instantly by a hmg, the game seems so 1 sided, if they get a better start at the game they will win....if aliens spawn at a awful hive they will lose...

NS seems very hard to play, it seems whatever yo do you die what ever you have, HA or carapace, If i use a hmg on a fade he won't die, If i go fade, i'll die by a hmg as quick as that...and vice versa for fade rockets.

(I was just rambling no real attention needed)

But most times I really do get fustrated at how NS is so much BS, you do this and you die, etc, and so forth

Comments

• MoquiaoMoquiao Join Date: 2003-05-09 Member: 16168Members
    it all comes with time ...

i mean on nothing (i think thats hte name)

EVERY1 rushes for cargo etc.. it can make for boring gameplay.. but that is just how it is...

personally i prefer Viaduct but that is just me lol

balance shouldb e better in 2.0 so be at peace my son.
  • p4Samwisep4Samwise Join Date: 2002-12-15 Member: 10831Members
    Umbra and healspray is what turns the tide in HMG/HA vs fade battles. In fights like that, the team that works best together tends to win - good marines weld each other, lay down suppressive fire from GLs, drop medpacks, et cetera, while good aliens lay down umbra, web, and healspray while making sure the avenues of retreat stay open.
  • RenegadeRenegade Old school Join Date: 2002-03-29 Member: 361Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--[p4]Samwise+Jul 21 2003, 01:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> ([p4]Samwise @ Jul 21 2003, 01:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Umbra and healspray is what turns the tide in HMG/HA vs fade battles. In fights like that, the team that works best together tends to win - good marines weld each other, lay down suppressive fire from GLs, drop medpacks, et cetera, while good aliens lay down umbra, web, and healspray while making sure the avenues of retreat stay open. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yep
  • dr_ddr_d Join Date: 2003-03-28 Member: 14979Members
    edited July 2003
    <!--QuoteBegin--SinSpawn+Jul 21 2003, 03:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (SinSpawn @ Jul 21 2003, 03:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Currently most tiems I despise ns during game, but I love the idea of NS how its the most original mod I know...

But NS did try to balance the game didn't they? I mean I was playing NS shortly and us aliens had all res but 2-3, we had cargo hive and via hive....they had hmgs/gl/jp you name it, we had fades...

If i get carapace for fade, I get killed instantly by a hmg, the game seems so 1 sided, if they get a better start at the game they will win....if aliens spawn at a awful hive they will lose...

NS seems very hard to play, it seems whatever yo do you die what ever you have, HA or carapace, If i use a hmg on a fade he won't die, If i go fade, i'll die by a hmg as quick as that...and vice versa for fade rockets.

(I was just rambling no real attention needed)

But most times I really do get fustrated at how NS is so much BS, you do this and you die, etc, and so forth <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Also what you may look out for is cheating (It happens more than you think). I recall a game where we got 2 hives rather quickly and the marines had just barely got hmgs, we had a ton of res so a lot of us were going fade, and I kept going fade with cara but always got wasted by the same marine with an hmg (he was camping the little ramp by waste handling hive. He kept camping the same spot so I got 2 other fades with me and we rushed him (2 of us had carapace one had regen) he wasted all three of us in about 2 seconds. Shortly after this he was banned.

So if something seems wrong do two things, 1 check your ping, 2 ask the admins to monitor the player who is killing you.
  • LikuLiku I, am the Somberlain. Join Date: 2003-01-10 Member: 12128Members
    Aliens are overpowered. That's my thought on things.
  • AllUrHiveRblong2usAllUrHiveRblong2us By Your Powers Combined... Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11244Members
    Pleae please please don't start these kind of threads in off-topic! do yer bitchin in general discussion like everyone else.
  • XzilenXzilen Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11642Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--Liku+Jul 21 2003, 07:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Liku @ Jul 21 2003, 07:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Aliens are overpowered. That's my thought on things. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    .....Your crazy....
  • VyvnVyvn Join Date: 2002-08-24 Member: 1226Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--SinSpawn+Jul 21 2003, 12:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (SinSpawn @ Jul 21 2003, 12:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> NS seems very hard to play, it seems whatever yo do you die what ever you have, HA or carapace, If i use a hmg on a fade he won't die, If i go fade, i'll die by a hmg as quick as that...and vice versa for fade rockets. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well, if it seems that you die all the time no matter what team you go on, then it can really only mean one thing, and it has little to do with the balance of the game...

Since I've been playing more recently, I've come to realize that the game is more balanced than it seemed at first. Often, the teams themselves are unbalanced due to unequal skill in public servers, but as a whole, the game tends to be balanced nicely. Oftentimes, unbalance may be perceived simply because one team has a more good players who dominate the server and sway the game one way or the other from the very beginning. And a good beginning is very important in NS, as you noted, so some good attacks in the very start of a match can heavily sway the outcome 15 or 20 minutes down the road.
  • redeemed_darknessredeemed_darkness Join Date: 2003-01-21 Member: 12565Members
    me points to general discussion
    that is place for bitchin