Great Map Theme

Amped1Amped1 Join Date: 2003-02-08 Member: 13287Members
<div class="IPBDescription">But No Mapping Skills</div> Hey anyone busted on an idea for a map theme? I have given up on learning Hammer Editor. So have my idea. I was planning on theming it around a factory. It would have conveyer belts, crates, and boxes. I also planned to have pipes that are used as vents. Yes actual circle pipes that have a trickle of water running thru them. The only real stuff I could come up with. If you want the map design that I din't even finish then here. Red is vents and I labeled the only hive and the marine start. Twiddle with it and see if you can make something good out of it.
map.jpg 36.1K

Comments

• Amped1Amped1 Join Date: 2003-02-08 Member: 13287Members
    Oh and circles are res nodes and the gray box is an elevator.
  • NerdIIINerdIII Join Date: 2003-04-05 Member: 15230Members
    hmm looks like an ordinary layout, nothing inspiring. i would rather do my own layout than use yours. not that i think it is completely unusable, no it might even be a good one, but it is kinda difficult to get your own ideas into the shape of the layout from someone else me thinks.
  • enf0rcerenf0rcer intrigued... Join Date: 2003-03-16 Member: 14584Members
    as i found out in my ns_botany map, the routes between the hive and marine base must be much more complex. You've also letf alot open. Where are the other 2 hives? Now im not saying you should make it as complex as mine because i just went overboard with it making a massive map. But you'll want a similar complexity between key places but not necessarily the whole map. Anyway the factory look was warn down by half-life where every level had crates in it. Your going to want to try something more original that fits the ns theme.
    .........you must have read only the first sentence. I said it was an unfinished concept drawing. Obviously it isn't gonna be perfect. And as for the factory, I was going more along the lines of converyer belts and stuff like that, rather than massive amounts of crates.
  • enf0rcerenf0rcer intrigued... Join Date: 2003-03-16 Member: 14584Members
    did you play half-life? I'm telling you the factory look is overdone. Conveyor belts and all. I read the whole thing but misread the unfisnished part it seems. In any case i think that if you really wanted it done you'd finish the concept yourself.
  • PapercutPapercut Join Date: 2003-01-23 Member: 12656Members
    Too many res-nodes.