Healthspray On The Hive

BlehBleh Join Date: 2003-02-09 Member: 13305Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Someone please confirm this</div> Does using healthspray on the hive really work? Whenever I'm gorged and have to heal the hive for whatever reason, it doesn't seem like the spray is really healing the hive at all. And I could be like 2ft from the center of the hive (like engine/feedwater hives on bast), but I could swear healthspray has little or no effect. Does someone know have the numbers on how much one healthspray will heal the hive (if it does work)? I just wanted to be sure if I'm imaging this or not, but right now I could swear it has no effect on the hive.

Comments

• GlissGliss Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14800Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    It depends. If the hive is fully functional, capable of spawning and stuff, and it's injured, yes, healing spray does a lot more than a defense chamber. I believe 50 something health points are healed.

However, when it's still building, no, I don't think it has any effect at all.
  • Amped1Amped1 Join Date: 2003-02-08 Member: 13287Members
    Yeah just go to any server with the hive health plug in, and you will see the health go up with healspray.
  • JezpuhJezpuh Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15157Banned
    I think that too, it's not something you can "build".
    It's different than other models.
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Yep, healing spray heals the hive like any other alien structure. It heals it the same amount. You should hear the glug-glug when it gets healed.
  • HippieHippie Join Date: 2003-02-02 Member: 12980Members
    I just played a clanmatch which had a single JP HMG shooting at our hive from a vent and we only had a single DC under the hive. We had two hives but no lerks to umbra, and two gorges with adrenaline. Both gorges healed the hive all the time and the hive took AT LEAST two times the amount of hit it would have taken without the gorges healing.

Should give a clear picture. Of course if 4 HMGs are emptied at the hive there is far less time to heal so the effect wont be so drastic. But if there are LMGers shooting the hive, heal.

Hope this gives a picture.

-Tark