Small Screen After Install

Phifth_ElementPhifth_Element Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8233Members
<div class="IPBDescription">help my friend please</div> He has been playing TFC and I tried to introduce him to NS. I hope he will like it and switch over. But when he started up NS after installing, his game screen takes up a little bit more that 25% of his monitor in the upper right corner. He can still see his desktop. When he starts to play it is centered but the same size. He hase his monitor set to a high res but he doesn't want to switch just for NS. Plus, he didn't have this problem untill he installed NS! Now I look bad and he is biased against NS! HELP!

Comments

• BigMadSteveBigMadSteve Join Date: 2003-02-12 Member: 13472Members
    I can't remember if this works, but there's no harm in trying

add -fullscreen to the NS command line. (I'm assuming you know how to do that)
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    also on teh first menu in hl there is a config tab under the option that is not modes once can change teh screen size. this problem can also be caused by the resolution you are trying to run being not supported by the moniotr so ti fills th space with teh desk top. this is solved under teh modes tab in teh config section of hl. lemme know if that dont fix it.
  • Phifth_ElementPhifth_Element Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8233Members
    -fullscreen didn't work. I had a hard time following the second suggestion...maybe if someone else knows what it means and could help clarify...
  • Phifth_ElementPhifth_Element Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8233Members
    He is trying to run HL at 800x600 but wants to keep his monitor at 1280x1024. But he didn't have this problem until he installed NS! I bet if he changes his monitor res to 800x600 (or whatever he is playing HL in) then he will be ok. But that seems stupid to have to do that! My computer changes res as I switch to HL. Switching manually seems about as smart as my solution for the switched stereo channels that HL sometimes does: I wired up a little box with a mini in, mini out, and a DPDT switch so I can swap the channels with hardware! hehe But it beats wearing my headphones backwards!
  • BogglesteinskyBogglesteinsky Join Date: 2002-12-24 Member: 11488Members
    i had the exact same problem

exactly the same

i just reinstalled hl and ns then tweaked with the video modes and options.

seems to sort most things out