Help!

LoGCAvatarLoGCAvatar Join Date: 2003-05-22 Member: 16611Members
<div class="IPBDescription">I can't play NS or CS now!</div> Every since I installed NS, I was able to play the game ONCE! I left the game.. disabled it in my custom games list and switched to CS.
Now, I cannot connect to ANY servers, CS or NS. I cannot play either game. I have totally uninstalled NS and CS and I've reinstalled CS and HLSW, thinking there was a problem with my hl.exe. Still nothing.
I'm not using the retail version of CS.
Any advice for a frustrated person?

This is what it does. I connect to a server, it retries 4 times and tells me it cannot resolve server. That's on CS.
For NS, it tells me that I cannot play because I don't have the game installed, BUT I DO!

Anyway, I'm so frustrated, I've removed NS completely and I'd like to at least get my CS back. Any help would be appreciated.

Thnx.

Comments

• Gimpy_Doodly_DooGimpy_Doodly_Doo Join Date: 2003-03-15 Member: 14521Members
    Is HL upgraded to the current cersion? Dumb question but hey!
  • GiGGiG Join Date: 2003-03-12 Member: 14416Members
    edited May 2003
    Did you run ns from its shortcut? If so, dont. Run HL from your cs shortcut or any other HL mod or HL itself and switch to NS in the custom games menu. (Its just a problem with the ns shortcut, probably not executing the right things).
  • TsungfaiTsungfai Join Date: 2002-12-23 Member: 11454Members
    What GiG said: Don't use the desktop shortcut.

Start > Programs > Natural Selection > Launch Natural Selection.

That should solve your NS not starting right.

Don't know about the CS..
  • LoGCAvatarLoGCAvatar Join Date: 2003-05-22 Member: 16611Members
    Thanks for all the help guys.. The problem was actually with the new update for cheating death for CS. It wasn't letting me play anything HL related.. even when it wasn't on.. odd yes.. but hey... I uninstalled CD and redownloaded it from united admins. Everything is back to normal.

Just took forever to figure out. heh.

Thanks for the quick responses! I really appreciate it.