Electrified Turret Factories

2»

Comments

• TalesinTalesin Our own little well of hate Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7710NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators
    I actually kinda hope not. Even with Bile Bomb at two-hive, I'm probably still going to enjoy running up to a Siege as a gorge and dropping a couple of OCs (or whatever the cheapest chamber is) right next to it so it blows itself up. Adding in an elec-tf next to that would kinda be annoying, unless sieges will damage ALL Marine structures, and not just themselves any more.
  • KingKupoKingKupo Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9785Members
    edited May 2003
    Let me attempt some NS-humor:

can you hold a BBQ on electro TFs?
  • DraconisDraconis Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13722Members, Reinforced - Onos
    <!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> can the electric tf zap alien structures/hives? it would be pretty funny to put a few of them under a hive and upgrade them then watch the electricity zapping the hive to death as you guard them.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes it can, actually it took like 5 minutes for 6 elec Tfac to took down a hive :D
  • RabidWeaselRabidWeasel Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5337Members
    10 dmg/s seems very weak to me, especially if it's split between all targets in the area. Of course, I'm not playtesting things so can't really make a decent analysis of the situation.
  • MonKeyTurDMonKeyTurD Join Date: 2003-01-10 Member: 12129Members
    how about an upgrade at the prototype lab or something that allows multliple "beams" of electricity

like it could start at 2-3 and be upgraded to more, so while it could handle a lone skulk or 2, but when taken in a group it isnt a tank which can kill like 3 people
  • Impy_The_LerkImpy_The_Lerk Join Date: 2003-05-24 Member: 16652Banned
    I think this is great now human structures will be as hard to take out as alien structures...

to many times iv seen players lose hives and there only edge simply cus turrets couldnt properly defend the hive they faught hard to take....

now mabby you aliens will need to get off your @$$ the next time you see people invading a hive
    cant tell you how many times iv told my alien team "guys there in *SoInSo* hive* (alien response) Fine let them have it will just take it later... and in 1.04 if you try hard enough u can take most any hive even with only 1 hive... seen it happen to often...

cudos to electric tf's.
    -Impy
  • napinapi Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14172Members, Constellation
    aye. the elec's should be soo good just to ward off the annoying lone skulks that pick on res nodes and find those blind spots :o

great idea who's ever it was !:D (i assume it was flay's, but maybe not?)