Pc Resets During Ns...

SyringedSyringed Join Date: 2003-04-17 Member: 15579Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">& only during NS.</div> I've been playing NS for a while & enjoying it but now I've run into a very weird problem. My PC resets itself while I'm playing NS & only during while I'm playing NS. It's extremely frustrating. It's only 4 months old & relatively new. All other half-life mods it works fine EXCEPT for NS. I did a virus/spyware check & nothing's come up. Anyone have some advice or similar experiences?

Comments

• DarkFrostDarkFrost Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15154Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    that happened to me right after a server crash, i typed retry and then it was loadin windows back up..... but its only happened once, i jsut put it down to windows xp not liking the sudden stop of info recieved from the server, but it could be a worse problem. At four months old, have u checked if the system/CPU fans are cloged with dust at all? NS does use a high portion of CPU, it may be creating a little to much heat for your bios settings and the chipset is auto rebooting.
    Hope u get it fixed
  • PreciousPrecious Join Date: 2003-03-18 Member: 14652Members
    yep the same thing happen to me. I found out it was my CPU over heating. To fix this I got commpressed air and a vacum cleaner and clean out the inside of my computer. Make sure there is no dust on the Heatsink.