Fade Blink Changes

13»

Comments

• KhaimKhaim Join Date: 2002-06-28 Member: 841Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    edited May 2003
  • JamlJaml Join Date: 2002-11-17 Member: 9054Members
    I like the idea of the new blink and hope it makes it into 1.1 as it is now. Mobility is needed now since fades don´t have acid rockets anymore before the 3. hive. But i have some questions for the playtesters about blinking

1.) Does pressing the fire key make you walk forward automatically or do you just go into blink mode and then use the mouse and the directional keys to run? (Can you strafe while in blink mode?)

2.) Do automatic defenses (turrets) fire at you while you are in blink mode? (Do i take damage from exploding grenades and bullets hitting me?)
  • KhaimKhaim Join Date: 2002-06-28 Member: 841Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--Jaml+May 15 2003, 11:39 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Jaml @ May 15 2003, 11:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I like the idea of the new blink and hope it makes it into 1.1 as it is now. Mobility is needed now since fades don´t have acid rockets anymore before the 3. hive. But i have some questions for the playtesters about blinking

1.) Does pressing the fire key make you walk forward automatically or do you just go into blink mode and then use the mouse and the directional keys to run? (Can you strafe while in blink mode?)

2.) Do automatic defenses (turrets) fire at you while you are in blink mode? (Do i take damage from exploding grenades and bullets hitting me?) <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    1) you run forward automaticly about 3x the speed.
    2) turrets wont shoot at you, grens and bullets will hurt you tho.
  • StoneToadStoneToad Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4053Members, Constellation
    Damn I can't wait to play the new fade. Sounds like fade is now the ultimate hit and run meele unit. Sounds like the new blink is the perfect complement to hive3 acid rocket. Since it used to be very very hard to use blink to zip in and slash at turrets and stuff and then dash out again. Nothing quite like dieing from the sgs while you're waiting to fall to the floor infront of the door since you blinked to high!
  • BogglesteinskyBogglesteinsky Join Date: 2002-12-24 Member: 11488Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Khaim+May 15 2003, 01:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Khaim @ May 15 2003, 01:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> grens and bullets will hurt you tho. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    if the marines can hit you