Help With Origins.

SnO0PySnO0Py Join Date: 2003-02-27 Member: 14092Members
I know to make it so you accually see through the models sights or make the sights on the model pretty much in the center of the screen you have to edit the origins, but how do I get the origins of where I want it to go?

Comments

• Billy_SilverfishBilly_Silverfish Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15688Members
    Trial and error manipulation of the .qc file (when you decompile), unless you want to edit the model itself in a 3D program
  • SnO0PySnO0Py Join Date: 2003-02-27 Member: 14092Members
    I can move the model around itself in milkshape without screwing up the animations?
  • Billy_SilverfishBilly_Silverfish Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15688Members
    I believe you'd need to move all the animations too. That's why I suggested editing the .qc first.
  • SnO0PySnO0Py Join Date: 2003-02-27 Member: 14092Members
    What line do I have to edit in the .qc? I thought I remembered seeing "$origins x x x" in the .qc once but I must just remember wrong, cause its not there.
  • MausMaus Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5599Members
    From Modelling 101:

<b><u>FAQ</b></u>

<b>Q: How do I create ironsights, shoulder views, or other-wise reposition a v_model?</b>
    A: This is done by using $origin in your QC file at compile time. Place it near the top of your QC file, before the $sequences.
    FORMAT: <b>$origin X Y Z</b>
    <i>X is left/right.</i> Positive values move to the right.
    <i>Y is in/out.</i> Positive values move out, away from you.
    <i>Z is up/down.</i> Positive values move down.

Weapons decompiled with Milkshape's old tool should start with an origin of 0 -25 0, and tweak from there.

---

As Silverfish said - trial and error seems to be the way to go. On the plus side, when you've got one done, it should make coming up woth the values for the others easier.