Why Accelerate The Game?

TempusTempus Join Date: 2003-01-21 Member: 12540Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Where's the strategy in that?</div> What I don't understand is the developers' urges to get us upgraded so fast (I'm talking about 1.1 here). IMO, the best part of the game is the beginning and mid-game, which is where all of the strategy is. By the time the upgrades are available, the game usually just becomes a hack-fest, and map control and strategic elements become secondary.

And 11 minute games being aimed for? What is the fun in that? Most of the best, most memorable games I've ever had have been epic struggles, sometimes lasting an hour or more.

The game does NOT need to be made more fast-paced than it is. LMG v Skulk is lots of fun, and actually having to care about controlling parts of the map is a large part of what makes this a strategy game, and not just some FPS.

Overall, I'm extremely excited about 1.1, and I have a lot of faith in the developers, but I hope that the game stays true to its roots, which is a strategy game first, and an action game second.

Comments

• Sephiroth2kSephiroth2k Join Date: 2002-04-21 Member: 481Members, Constellation
    who said that the game was aimed at 11 minutes? if its true, i agree with you, that's terrible. i myself love the 30 minute-2 hour games...
  • Nemesis_ZeroNemesis_Zero Old European Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 75Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    Use the search feature, please, there have been several threads on this topic, including explanations from Flayra himself.

<span style='color:red'>***Locked.*** </span>
This discussion has been closed.