Skulk Hitbox

Gay_Parrot_of_DoomGay_Parrot_of_Doom Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 8002Members
<div class="IPBDescription">cant find the thread</div> can anyone post piccies of the skulk hitboxes? i cant find the thread

Comments

• Private_ColemanPrivate_Coleman PhD in Video Games Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7510Members
    <a href='http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/hlmv/index.html' target='_blank'>click here</a> and download hlmv. Then you can view all the hitboxes you want...
  • TyphonTyphon Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 1899Members
    Note however, that the hitboxes do NOT always match those in game. Dont ask me why, but they dont.

Example: if you open a counterstrike model, you see a single solid box for the head. However, if you stand to the side of a player and shoot roughly at their temple, they take no damage. Also, CS players left forearms do not take damage, but there is clearly a hitbox there.

So go ahead and check out how the hitboxes are SUPPOSED to look, but remember those arent necessarily those ingame.
  • evilopsevilops Join Date: 2003-02-13 Member: 13494Members
    For the skulk, regardless of what you see in hlmv, the 'hittable' area seems to start at the shoulders (ie. shooting them in the head side-on wont count as a hit) and end at their rump. It also extends a bit above the skulks back (ie. you can shoot the air just above the skulk and still hit it).

BUT, I still don't know where the skulks hitbox ends up when they jump... jumping skulks seem VERY hard to hit, not just because they're small and fast, but because the bullets seem to go straight through them. Hope its fixed in 1.1. Yesterday there was 1 skulk who'd constantly take about double the bullets to kill at the very beginning of the game with no chance of carapace, simply because he was jumping.. even jumping in a straight line towards the marine.