I need a .rad file

ZeroPointNRGZeroPointNRG Join Date: 2002-05-18 Member: 628Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Does anyone have one?</div>Is there a rad file with all all the NS lighttextures? I'm not really skilled enough to make one myself, I always make it too bright or not bright enough. Thanks.

Comments

• FreestylerFreestyler The First NS Fan Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 20Members
    Well, if everyone is like me they will have a different .rad file for every NS map they have made.  It really is just trial and error to see what fits your map best.
  • YamazakiYamazaki Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 21Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Start with 200 for the brightness, then either lower it by 50's or increase by 100's. It all depends on the size of the surface. One mapper could be shrinking the texture down to a 32x32 surface, and someone else could enlarge it to a 128x128 surface, and they'd get different results with the same brightness value. There's no alternative to experimentation.
  • Black_WolfBlack_Wolf Join Date: 2002-03-13 Member: 310Members
    mmm, you will need to learn how to write your own .rad files if you want to use texture lighting . . .