Call To Arms

JedipunksJedipunks Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6900Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Star Wars HL mod</div> <a href='http://www.swcta.com' target='_blank'>Call to Arms</a> is a Star Wars based mod for Half-Life. We're promising to bring out the true Star Wars teamplay, though not matching the greatness of SWG, but a fun mod. Still in development, that being of models and gameplay. Stop by the irc, #cta, to check out current news.

Not to advertise(though it was), it will be fun to play and see.

Comments

• LikuLiku I, am the Somberlain. Join Date: 2003-01-10 Member: 12128Members
    Awesome! I hope Lucas Arts won't care.
  • DOOManiacDOOManiac Worst. Critic. Ever. Join Date: 2002-04-17 Member: 462Members, NS1 Playtester
    Another day, another mod waiting to be foxed.

Take a history lesson from the Quake 1 star wars mod that was foxed. And the DOOM star wars mod that was foxed.
  • JedipunksJedipunks Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6900Members
    Your missing the point to the thread, is to have fun. Yes we know what happend to them, they didn't follow laws. Yes, we have been contacted by Lucas Arts rep. We know what to do to follow their rules. So yes, we do have permission.

The only thing that concerns everyone everytime is if we know we will be shut down; Its like everyone turns into a lawyer all of a sudden.
  • JedipunksJedipunks Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6900Members
    Hold that thought... we are waiting for an up-to date rights. But we are good for go on the mod.
  • DOOManiacDOOManiac Worst. Critic. Ever. Join Date: 2002-04-17 Member: 462Members, NS1 Playtester
    If you have Lucasarts blessing, and I don't see how you do as they traditionally HATE mods, especially since your product is in direct competition (at least in their eyes) with their current prodcuts, then power to you. But don't get upset if you get shut down due to either a "misunderstanding" or them flat out changing their minds.

You're still basing your content on other people's IP (just like every other Dragonball, Matrix, Aliens, Predator, and Zelda mod), so just remember that you get what you pay for. Which is nothing. heh.

As far as people getting antsy about it, its understandable as to why. People who actually have talent and are proud of what they do don't want to waste their time on something where they think the fruits of their labor will never see the light of day...

If I seem a little edgy to you, please realize its because this is like the fourth day in a row with somebody announcing their mod here that's based on somebody else's property. Every one of them claiming that although others before them were foxed, they will somehow be the exception...