A Balanced Round?

2»

Comments

• twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I had this intense game today. I was playing alien on caged (4K vs 5M). The gorge built 2 hives simultaneously and we were up to Fades in 5 minutes (no res for onos yet). The marines turtled in with 8+ turrets in spawn.

Everything looked good until... we found that the marines teched *very* quickly to lvl 2 or 3 weapon and simply slaughtered skulks. They set up a mini base and sieged 1 hive to death and somehow killed the other one. They they proceeded to siege our starting hive, but were pushed back by 3 desperate skulks.
    My point is, never underestimate the power of fast weapon UG.
    I made this post in 3 minutes so sorry if it doesnt make too much sense.
    Signing off...
  • shadershader Join Date: 2003-02-07 Member: 13247Members
    edited March 2003
    <!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->LOL. You're not getting the POINT of this topic are you? EVERYONE knows that JP/HMG whoring is the easiest way for marines to win in 1,04. What we're exploring here is an ALTERNATIVE to it so not every game will be exactly the same. With the current discussion people are talking about how to hold one hive and tech up to fight fades. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

nah i'm not getting the point.
    foloow plan in prev post but research HA instead of JPs.
    fades = dead.
    game lasts 10 mins longer.
    marines still win.