Commander Mode Mouse Problems.

Mythr1lMythr1l Join Date: 2003-01-26 Member: 12772Members
I've been having some problems with the commander mode and the "press your jump key to go to an alert". i've got a 5 button mouse, which before i used mouse 4 and mouse 5 as my primary and secondary keys for jumping, all works fine (in ns normal gameplay they work fine) but after installing winxp (i was using win98se) the jump buttons no longer function in NS command mode, meaning that whenever i hear the "your base is under attack" message, i have to search around the map, much more annoying when i have to search a bunch of res nodes or marines that are being eaten.

if you know anything which will help solve this problem can you please reply.

thanks

Comments

• FireStormFireStorm Join Date: 2002-11-06 Member: 7390Members
    bind the jump command to the space bar. It's the only way I think.
  • KboTKboT Join Date: 2002-11-20 Member: 9436Members
    I hate the Commander Interface, Its so damn confusing! I wish they could re-organize it and make it look a little better
  • UnknownUnknown Join Date: 2002-06-12 Member: 759Members
    Commander mode rejects all mouse binds. So you'll have to re-bind jump to another key.
  • Mythr1lMythr1l Join Date: 2003-01-26 Member: 12772Members
    when i was on windows 98 my jump keys were the same, and the command mode worked fine, i could press mouse 4 or 5 to go to an alert like normal.
  • Mythr1lMythr1l Join Date: 2003-01-26 Member: 12772Members
    ah wait a minuite! i just rememberd something which i *think* may have allowed me to have those mouse binds, if i remember right u go into your mouse setup and select the 2 buttons that you would like to bind on commander mode, select keystroke and make it like backspace or something, then bind jump to backspace and when u press the mouse button the commander mode will think your pressing backspace when in fact your pressing mouse3 or something...

anyway i feel stupid for forgetting this before i made the original post, but i hope this helps anyone who doesnt know how to bind comm keys...

however i havent tryed my theory so im gonna go test it to see whether i have made a right arse of myself hehe...