Cheating Or Not

2»

Comments

• MausMaus Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5599Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--AcKz+Feb 2 2003, 09:10 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (AcKz @ Feb 2 2003, 09:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin--Souris+Feb 1 2003, 11:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Souris @ Feb 1 2003, 11:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> The only script I've ever used is one to halve my mouse sensitivity when I need a little more accuracy. Things like that are acceptable, things that give you an unfair advantage are unacceptable - it's simple. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Too bad thats not a script, its a bind <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Too bad you don't know what you're talking about.

<!--c1--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->alias +changesens "sensitivity 3"
    alias -changesens "sensitivity 9"<!--c2--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--ec2-->
  • CatpokerCatpoker Join Date: 2002-06-25 Member: 816Members
    i think its cheating, but what can i do? blast you with morals..... pfff
  • TeoHTeoH Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11640Members
    heh, tekken is a joke of a beatemup, don't think that ability to pull 10 hit combos (completely a matter of remembering the command, no canned tekken combo requires anything in the way of timing or finess) is recognised as any sort of skill in a real match. But that does not clash with my definition of an unwanted game element.

<!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
    Whatever is this 'skill' rubbish? Last time I checked, this isn't CS!

Should you not yet have realized, the one thing a good NS player needs more than any aiming, moving, or sewing 'skillz' is tactic. You can run as fast and shoot as well as you wish - if your enemy is clever enough to fall in your back, you're dead meat.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Being clever enough to fall on someones back is a skill, teamwork is a skill, commanding your troops effectively and responding to the strategies of your opponent is a skill. Do you follow me a little better now? Skills that incorporate alot of depth, allowing players to constantly better themselves and advance their ability are good skills to base a game around. All the above can be considered deep skills. Hammering a button very quickly can't.

<!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
    True, but as NS makes shooting that Onos quite easy (hitscan weapons, no CSespue recoil), whereas it strongly emphasizes the strategic aspect (structures, teamcoms, the commander), it's placing bigger value on strategy than combat 'skills'.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Marine versus skulk wars do place a pretty high emphasis on individual fighting ability, the game involves both and you cannot ignore either.
  • OnumaOnuma Join Date: 2003-01-18 Member: 12428Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--TeoH+Feb 2 2003, 06:43 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (TeoH @ Feb 2 2003, 06:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Marine versus skulk wars do place a pretty high emphasis on individual fighting ability, the game involves both and you cannot ignore either. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Thanks! Someone (other than FireWater) who agrees with me!!

<3
  • StandingCowStandingCow Join Date: 2002-11-28 Member: 10187Members, Constellation
    making your models a solid color and changing the way the game is ment to be played is cheap, your giving yourself an advantage over other players that do play the way the game is ment to be played. I dont care if you bind your attack key to more then one key, it allows you to do that, who cares....

But chaning your models to one solid color is cheap...
  • Lee_HarveyLee_Harvey Join Date: 2002-12-23 Member: 11448Members
    I would say that It isn't even a script he is using. I could do the same thing form the Controls menu. They leave room for an alternate key for everything. So no, not a cheat, but not useful, either.

And I think anyone who is pitiful enough to play the game with solid white models pretty much hurts themselves more than others. I personally like my models to look cool, whether or not they are simple to shoot at or not.
  • laggerlagger Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1805Members
    My opinion on this binding two keys for faster firing rate would rate up between ok. My main reason for accepting your use of 2 key firing system is 1: you have to hit 2 keys which WILL slow down other reflex's such as aiming and jumping/dodging skulks as they come to you. 2: People with a mousewheel can do the same thing with just binding mwheelup/down. With the mousewheel and the fact you have to hit 2 buttons instead of 1 does support or make it ok for your use of 2 buttons although using 1 button for the pistol seems enough for me as I unload the thing before a skulk will reach me anyways.
  • 14124214121412421412 Join Date: 2003-02-02 Member: 13009Members
    Today I was playing some NS on a public server, trying out the 'script' or bind that I wrote. I have written it so I can leap as a skulk with rightmouse button, and bite with leftmousebutton (fastleap). It does have a discerning side effect though, whenever I use it, it _does not drain my energy bar_ (hence im not posting what it looks like). This is ofcourse enough reason for me not to use it (even I can see thats unfair), but let's say it did drain my energy bar.. how does everyone feel about using such a script?? Should i take it away? Even if i do, and somehow became better at it using leap normally, how would you notice the difference?

Ermin (ignore my username, i got **** afte trying variations on 'Ermin' to find ALL OF THEM HAD BEEN TAKEN??)

ps: no flaming plz...