Need Help

fo_sheezy_my_neezyfo_sheezy_my_neezy Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10768Members, Constellation
edited February 2003 in Mapping Forum
<div class="IPBDescription">anyone want to model/texture some plants</div> Hey guys, I've been working on a map for a little while now, and no, I don't really have any screenies yet. I've gotten the basic layout down, and the marine start is almost done. Here's my dilemma. I have an atruim (basically a meeting room with tables, 2 large skylights, 3 hanging upturned flourescent lights, and a wooden (textured myself) ledge running along the wall. My idea is to have plants (models or textures, I don't care which, though models might work better), hanging off of the ledge, almost like a window box.

Here are the dimensions of my ledges: 32 wide (though there is only 16 flat, 16 sloped up to the ledge) and a max of 96 high. I'd like to keep the plants fairly boxy and low, not really reaching up to the top of the level. Maybe 32x32x32? I got the models Psycho-Kinetic Hyper-Geek did for the biodome in ns_origin, and I love that stuff, but it's too big for my purposes. I saw how fast some of this stuff was cranked out, and I was wondering if any of you who have modeling/texturing experience could help me out. I just did my first texture today, I usually rely totally on the wad files included with the mods I'm mapping for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if you need a screen shot in order to help, I can throw one up, but you'd have to understand that the texturing isn't complete in any way. I figure if I post this now, by the time I get any help I'll be done texturing the atruim, and I can go on. Thanks guys.

Comments