Dirty Roten Quiters

Mr_BoydMr_Boyd Join Date: 2003-01-22 Member: 12575Members
iv noticed a problem in NS not in the game but its players. i notice that often when your team is losing alot of people leave the team. in not talking about leaving or goin to the ready room when say all the infantry portals are gone and you cant spawn but when say you got a cuple of fades hurrasing your base and insted of fighting em off people just leave the game this is so lame

Comments

• MadjaiMadjai Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2986Members
    whats even lamer is the amount of times this topic has already been brought up. theres nothing you can do about it.

btw, love the avatar. long live metroid!
  • LucidLucid Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10534Members, Constellation
    actually I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. The only time I leave a game is if there is absolutely no team work. I don't have to win but ramboing gets boring after awhile.
  • SirusSirus Join Date: 2002-11-13 Member: 8466Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    I've said it and I'll say it again. No one likes to fight a losing battle. I have no problem if people surrender so we can get a fresh start again, some people will fight back and win some of those "losing battles". But if they choose to, theres no reason not to secede.
  • SmithboySmithboy Join Date: 2002-12-17 Member: 10964Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Sirus+Jan 23 2003, 12:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Sirus @ Jan 23 2003, 12:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I've said it and I'll say it again. No one likes to fight a losing battle. I have no problem if people surrender so we can get a fresh start again, some people will fight back and win some of those "losing battles". But if they choose to, theres no reason not to secede.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I don't mind as long as the other team finishes us off fast or we still have a chance if we focus an attack and do some real teamwork finally, and take down something important to them. There are tight situations that can turn the tables and that's why I don't really mind it if it seems that we are losing. If the aliens have 3 hives and they're not that great of players, I can get jp and welder or hmg and take them out maybe. If they're good, then I hope they can not be chickens spamming acid rockets / bile bombs / spore gas outside the base and actually go in and finish us off (not leaving IPs for last). IF the marines have 2 hives very securely and have a team that can phase anywhere fast and we can't do anything, then I hope they go for the hive right away. I had a recent game where the marines on the eclipse map moved their base to maintanance and had computer core. They weren't real aggressive to our main hive, even though it wasn't that defended for a while. We kept going for computer core and sometimes we had it and sometimes they had it. We managed to get fades, but some upgraded marines with HMGs took our cc hive down fast. We kept going for it and kept the game going. We could have won but didn't because marines upgraded over that time and then we were facing a much more uphill battle, till finally they went for our hive. I know people that would leave because they have the two hives, but I found it a great and entertaining game that forced us to cooperate.
  • SirusSirus Join Date: 2002-11-13 Member: 8466Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    I'm talking when Marines get 2 hives and turret farm massively. I'd rather just start playing sometimes.
  • SmithboySmithboy Join Date: 2002-12-17 Member: 10964Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Sirus+Jan 23 2003, 01:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Sirus @ Jan 23 2003, 01:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'm talking when Marines get 2 hives and turret farm massively. I'd rather just start playing sometimes.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    They get 2 hives and try to secure it from skulks and lerks with all that crap! a few turrets and a phase gate with marine backup should be fine. Spend the money on taking out the last hive already!