How Could One Do This?

humb1edhumb1ed Join Date: 2002-10-06 Member: 1446Members
edited January 2003 in Mapping Forum
<div class="IPBDescription">func_weldable rheostat? (haha)</div> I'm thinking something along the lines of different effects at different stages of a weld. Say the weld can take up to 60 seconds... At 20 seconds one thing happens, at 40 seconds another thing happens and at 60 seconds a third thing happens (all the 'same' weld), but I want it to happen in that order, not being able to trigger the effects of the 60 second weld without doing the other two first and not being able to weld the 40 second until after the 20 is finished. Is there a way for me to set this up using three seperate func_welds? I.E. can you make a weld invisible at the beginning of the game and then another weld trigger it to be 'weldable'?

One other thing I thought would be really cool to see maybe in a future release would be an actual controlling weld, almost like the vehicle controls, instead of just the simple trigger. For example being able to have a light gradually come on depending on how far you are along (%) in a weld, or a door opening slowly as you weld and if you stop the door stops opening, etc.

Comments

• GreedoGreedo Bounty Hunter Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 37Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Don't check the 'start enabled' flag for the second and third weld. Give the second weld the same name as the thing you want the first weld to trigger, and give the third weld the same name as the thing you want the second weld to trigger. You'll probably have to make the first two 'welds open not closed' and give them invisible gibs so it won't look wierd. And all three whould have 20 second weld times if you want the total time to be 60 seconds.

Something liek that.