Dll Problem

babygirlbabygirl Join Date: 2003-01-16 Member: 12378Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Can't find a solution</div> I play NS fine on this computer, but I couldn't install it on my new one.

My new computer wasn't installed with a halflife CD - I had to find an (illegal) copy of the installer and use it. I do, however use my own CD key... it's just that I lost the CD a while back. The NS installer said I needed half-life 1.1.1.0. My registery and sierra.ini both said I had 1.1.1.0, but no go. I downloaded that dummy exe, and still no go. So I just transferred the NS folder over to the new puter from my old one.

Whenever I try to start a game, it gives me the 'cannot find cl_dlls\client.dll' error that I've seen in that pinned thread. However, the solution there was to just make sure you downloaded the client package and not the server package by mistake =P Clearly, that's not what I did.

Does anybody know how I could fix this problem? It's not something simple, I know where the NS folder should go and such. It's all in place, but it just won't find that file.

Comments

• L3TUC3L3TUC3 Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5770Members
    edited January 2003
    *WHOOPS POSTED TOTALLY IRRELVANT INFORMATION*

/del
  • FireStormFireStorm Join Date: 2002-11-06 Member: 7390Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--L3TUC3+Jan 18 2003, 06:40 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (L3TUC3 @ Jan 18 2003, 06:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Well you said it yourself. A illegal copy of HL. There are probably some things ripped or altered that you dont need, and most of the time HL isn't downloaded for its MP part (since it doesn't work).

Can't really help you with that. Best is to uninstall and get a friends copy (seriously, who doesn't have HL?). Use ur own key and presto! It should work.

Good luck.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    noooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's the desktop shortcut: it's messed up. use the shortcut in the start menu.