Why Are The Forums Making Me Dl Something

VashVash Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8333Members
Is anyone else seeing a download pop up when you enter the forums? I've canceled it a lot of times already but it keeps popping up.

Comments

• Suicide_RunSuicide_Run Join Date: 2002-12-17 Member: 10939Members
    what is it telling you to dl it might be a windows componoent

i know i dont get it though :/
  • Spyder_MonkeySpyder_Monkey Vampire-Ninja-Monkey Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 8Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Nothing for me either. You getting here from www.natural-selection.org links? Maybe updated flash of some sort?
  • VashVash Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8333Members
    I have the link in my favorites to get to the board...the file it tries to DL is like....NLV29.exe or something like that o_o
  • GWARGWAR Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2297Members, Contributor
    Weirdness... Sure it isnt spyware doin it or something?
    I don't think it could be spyware...It's never happened before and I haven't installed anything new lately. And the only other program open is Winamp...
  • ThePhilipsThePhilips Join Date: 2002-09-09 Member: 1302Members
    It sounds like adware or something. You accidentely press "yes" on a gator coperation install?
    Ok...I just closed the forums...reopened IE and came back and it popped up again. This time it actually downloaded cuz i couldnt cancel fast enough...Oh well, deleted it, and DAP knows i downloaded it once so it wont download it again....Wierd though
  • AhnteisAhnteis teh Bob Join Date: 2002-10-02 Member: 1405Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    Maybe you should tell us what URL your bookmark points to and what exactly it says when it's downloading it. Meanwhile, get adaware and scan your computer.
  • DOOManiacDOOManiac Worst. Critic. Ever. Join Date: 2002-04-17 Member: 462Members, NS1 Playtester
    edited January 2003
    its definately spyware or a virus. the board will NEVER make you download an exe file just to view it.

Virii and Spyware do however tend to open a window themselves along with IE going to new urls as a way of tricking people into thinking the popup came from the page they are viewing and not just software on the system...

P.S. Love anda Peace!!! :D