Darn Printer

L3TUC3L3TUC3 Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5770Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Damn crappy thing wont work properly</div> Well, damn.

I got this Hp950 hooked up to my comp, but whenever I try to print something (text, picture, whatever) an error pops up:

"Connection Broken"

WTF! (connex broken? No way)

And all hell breaks lose, frikkin papers go thru get some freaky numbers and symbols printed on em and get stuck.

Tried reiinstaling, but the same thing happended afterwards.

Does anyone know how to solve this prob? Thx.

Comments

• FlatlineUTDFlatlineUTD Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7695Members
    I've gotten a problem like this with EVERY HP printer I've used. Most of the time it doesn't happen right away, but eventually, it does.

Reinstalling, resetting all the print options, and reconnecting the serial port usually works for me though.
  • L3TUC3L3TUC3 Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5770Members
    edited January 2003
    Allright, seems like the usual HP crap. Every HP i had had quirks, dunno why really, perhaps the old MS-DOS frikkin' setup screens that crash?

Its crazy, I'm using an old HP for my own (the one on topic is the newest addition to the pile of crappy printers) on my new comp, but the installation diskettes (<---see, told ya it was old) get my comp to crash :o

But whats even funnier, the hp950 disc we got with the printer, uses the exact same old fonts, layouts, installers and whatever crap. And it crashes too. :o

I'll try and reset the cable, since its about the only thing I haven't tried.

Seriously, I tried kicking it.

Thanks for your help, I'll go spam HP now.