I'm Green - But Why Aren't My Structures?

MotorskillsMotorskills Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10819Members
I keep coming across something rather frustrating.

Normally the green/yellow circle around marine structures is very obvious, but for about one in four structures I find it hard, occasionally impossible, to check how damaged it is. This is a problem in a firefight when I need to know what needs priority welding.

I find that I can often pick up the green circle by inching towards it, which is far from ideal of course, especially when I am trying to check a phase gate - now and again I step through it by accident.

Do others have this problem, if so is it being addressed?

(I haven't played the gorge much, but I haven't experienced the same issue the few times I have played it.)

Comments

• AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    yes, i thinkits a bug... just wait for 1.1
  • RedfordRedford Monorailcatfjord Join Date: 2002-04-28 Member: 528Members, NS1 Playtester
    Sometimes, the "base" of a building gets placed above the actual base of the building in the world, causing this bug. Because you have to look down at the base of the building to get it's hp, it's hard to look down on a building when it's base is above your head. In addition, siege turret factories don't seem to spawn their "base" properly ever... this causes them to not show a health display.

This extends to gorges and other aliens... a gorge will hardly ever see an Onos' health ring, as the Onos is much taller then him.
  • LinkLink Join Date: 2002-10-16 Member: 1510Members
    I know what you mean, I am always having a hard time checking the health of buildings. I vote that you get a toggle button, so when its on, all marines and their structures have health rings, and when its off they do not. That way you don't need to ponse about inchs at a time trying to find out the health
  • coilcoil Amateur pirate. Professional monkey. All pance. Join Date: 2002-04-12 Member: 424Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    edited January 2003
    The health ring is displayed when you look at the center of the hull. All buildings use the "crouched marine" hull, so with some structures (like the IP or PG) it's easy to miss the "sweet spot" since the actual model is much lower than the center of the hull. It's also difficult to see a PG health ring because it's not all that much bigger than the actual model.

[NSGuide]coil
  • CutterJoeCutterJoe Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11594Members, Constellation
    Sometimes when the armory is advanced or a tf is advanced the health bar reads zero. I believe they are currently working on this as well as the 'not being able to see the health bar in certain views' problem.