Help..plz

KheldarKheldar Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 64Members
for a while a go i signed up on the fileplanet pirsonal server thing... and now i get it maybe cost!! damn how stuipid i have been...(i know it was stupid but it was then)
but i havent signed in cready card thing (i havent got 1) but do i pay anyway on somehow??? PLZZ answere i need help...

Comments

• MoleculorMoleculor Namer-of-Bob Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 9Members
    Uhh... you signed up for a personal server? Or you want to? Can't pay for much of anything without a credit card, unless they accept money orders/checks...
  • KheldarKheldar Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 64Members
    no i havnt signed any credit thing at all!! but i wonder if they get money from ip or something like that!!
  • MonsieurEvilMonsieurEvil Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 4Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Ummm, no. Your money is safe.

I personally like the service, and bought it up for a year for $50. Well worth it when GSI gets one of those exclusive downloads and I'm already playing it when 50,000 people are in line waiting to download.
  • SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    well worth it?

Does anyone remember fileplanet when they DIDNT include the waiting?  The wait time is all a hoax.  They add a wait time to 'hot' files, aka GSI Exclusives.  Its all a scam so they get money.  I hate fileplanet and GSI and the only thing they will get from me is a bomb.  Its all a fake hoax and people pay for it.. /me sighs
  • KheldarKheldar Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 64Members
    thx for the answers!!!phu...but i only download HL mods and other mods like that from other places anyway...
  • MoleculorMoleculor Namer-of-Bob Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 9Members
    No, a lot of times when trying to download you'd get 'Can't find file' errors (404's). The reason was server overload. So they had to put in wait times.
  • MonsieurEvilMonsieurEvil Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 4Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    <!--QuoteBegin--SentrySteve+April 18 2002,15:45--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (SentrySteve @ April 18 2002,15:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->well worth it?

Does anyone remember fileplanet when they DIDNT include the waiting?  The wait time is all a hoax.  They add a wait time to 'hot' files, aka GSI Exclusives.  Its all a scam so they get money.  I hate fileplanet and GSI and the only thing they will get from me is a bomb.  Its all a fake hoax and people pay for it.. /me sighs<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but bandwidth costs money. A lot of money - a dedicated T3 can cost something on the order of $20000-$40000 a <i>month</i>. I'd rather they let me pay to get better service in order to keep the service level high, and let those that want to use the totally free service wait a little. This is a business they are running, no matter what I think of them. Otherwise, they will go under and now you have no download at all.
  • XTS_HighlanderXTS_Highlander Join Date: 2002-04-13 Member: 429Members
    Yeah steve hate to break it to you, but if it was a hoax they'd get nailed for fraudulent behaviour pretty damn fast by the FBI.  I know you don't like waiting, but let's not go overboard with the accusations here.