Question About "hivesight"

smokey_greensmokey_green Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10765Members
When the marines turn on thier flashlight, it gives them a flashlight and makes them glow.

When the aliens turn it on, are they supposed to see thier own buildings through walls? That would only make sence to me, since when any sort of alien sees a marine, the rest of the aliens see them, same goes with buildings.

On my radeon 8500, I can't see any alien buildings behind walls. I'm assuming this is a bug.

Comments

• RokiyoRokiyo A.K.A. .::FeX::. Revenge Join Date: 2002-10-10 Member: 1471Members, Constellation
    nope, everythings normal there.

the alien flashlight makes all alien stuff (including ppl and buildings) glow a transparent orange, but doesn't make you see other aliens thru walls.

If you get advanced hivesight, then your flashlight will do the same to marine stuff, except they'll glow white.

Normal hive sight (the coloured rings) is what you use to know where the other stuff is. Yellow is marine stuff, white is alien stuff and red is alien stuff getting attacked. It can be a bit hard to track people down specifically using hivesight since not all aliens display on it all the time, but it does make it easy to know who it is on the other side of a door that's been jammed shut by a gorge...
  • PseudoKnightPseudoKnight Join Date: 2002-06-18 Member: 791Members
    The only problem I have with normal hivesight is when the rings don't appear all the time. Sometimes viewing them from an angle works, but usually you just have to mouse over where you think the player / building / hive is. Then, the label pops up and you know you're correct.

I'm sure this has been commented on before.