Movement Chamber First

2»

Comments

• FantasmoFantasmo Join Date: 2002-11-06 Member: 7369Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Lt.Warhound+Dec 18 2002, 03:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Lt.Warhound @ Dec 18 2002, 03:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
    Carapace helps you in _every situation. Attack, defense, chase, stalk, ambush, etc. Carapace level 3 doubles the durability of skulks, and significantly extends the life of all aliens.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    That's the key.

Def > Mov > Sen is simply a matter of versitility. On public servers a versitle strategy is a must. Mov or Sen Strategies are heavily dependent on <b>near to perfect containment</b>.

<b>A rule in strategic planning is <i>NEVER</i> rely on a plan that has to go perfectly.</b>

As soon as the marines put up one slightly hardened point (1 T-Fac & 3 Turrets) on the map you not only lose your advantage you may even have put yourself at a disadvantage.

This is not to say that Sen or Mov first strategies are no good. The level of teamwork and coordination would need to be so high these strategies sound far more feasible for Clans then for Pub teams.

My 2 cents.
  • PeregineDivePeregineDive Join Date: 2002-07-15 Member: 951Members
    Like Lt.Warhound pointed out, in pubs... D-M-S is almost standard. You rarely get many Kharaa working together, if at all sometimes, so the D-M-S works out. Other stratagies work, I've seen it done, and they do work well... but the amount of coordination involved is staggering and tedious, to say the least. Playing on pubs is tough, especially when everyone wants to do their own thing, but once in awhile you get those cooll people, and team up with 3+ of ya and kick some **obscenity**

-PD