Below Zero Steam PC permanently stuck on Epilepsy Warning screen

RedDirtTrooperRedDirtTrooper USA Join Date: 2016-12-02 Member: 224437Members
I can't get past the epilepsy warning screen. I verified my steam install folder, I can still launch the original Subnautica fine, but Below Zero will not progress beyond that first screen. I can hear creatures making noises, but it just remains on that warning regardless of what I hit until I give up and exit the program. I could load and play one of the early Betas at some point way back, but this is my first attempt to play since then. What in the world is going on?

Comments

• RedDirtTrooperRedDirtTrooper USA Join Date: 2016-12-02 Member: 224437Members
    I am running the most recent Nvidia driver, I have tried using the launch option -force-opengl but get the exact same issue with or without it. I verified my installation through Steam, I restarted my computer. No joy so far.
  • RedDirtTrooperRedDirtTrooper USA Join Date: 2016-12-02 Member: 224437Members
    I figured it out after sleeping on it. A very old qmod install had left trash in the game folder and was causing the problem. I think I installed the original more quick slots mod back when I had played before. So if anyone else has this problem, manually clean your install folder of all modding-related files, or just erase the whole folder and re-install.