Game Performance Completely Ruined

WaffleflappersWaffleflappers IL, USA Join Date: 2018-02-20 Member: 237961Members
I've only been playing for about two hours now and all of the sudden everything is laggy as if I were playing this game on a 15 year old computer. When I say laggy, I mean like 1 frame of blurred motion every few seconds. Not exactly playable. All I was doing in the game before this happened was swimming around and looking for Table Coral while using the new specimen finding thing. I wasn't performing any other actions beside movement for a good while prior to this. I am playing on a brand new computer that I have owned for less than 24 hours and the game was working perfectly fine beforehand, on max settings. I tried lowering the settings completely, restarting the game, and restarting the computer, but the problem persists. I was at least able to save the game before closing out.

Comments

• WaffleflappersWaffleflappers IL, USA Join Date: 2018-02-20 Member: 237961Members
    edited May 2021
    One last thing to note, this issue occurs anywhere within the game, even the main menu. And if it wasn't heavily implied enough, I am playing on Steam. Windows 10.