Really enjoying Below Zero and have a few suggestions

SkyHiRiderSkyHiRider Join Date: 2021-03-07 Member: 268156Members
edited March 2021 in Ideas and Suggestions
I have bought Below Zero over a year ago and finally got into playing it. I really enjoy the game and wanted to share a few observations and ideas I had.
  1. Sea Monkeys are great with Al-An, but really bad once you rebuild his body. I enjoy collecting resources by releasing a few monkeys near my base, then letting them collect trinkets for me. Would be great if getting Al-An a body would not reset the behavior. Or you would make the monkeys you raise to always collect stuff for the player. You raised them after all!
  2. The Recyclotron could recycle Depleted reactor rods, returning the base materials except Uranium. Would make sense getting the lead and glass back and only needing more Uranium to make a new rod.
  3. The Headlamp and Rebreather could be merged. Having a recipe that would merge these two items would be great. Should not be that hard to attach a light to a breathing mask, right?
  4. The Horsetruck Horspower upgrades could stack. Would give us more options if each upgrade would mean that you could attach one more module and not have any movement speed penalty, meaning that with all four you could dash really fast when near the surface. Would be fun having a miner sea truck with a prawn, drive to a rich resource location, park and drop down with your prawn and drill away. Can still do that but it moves slower and slower with each module attached.
  5. An Architect build tool and resource storage. You would get two items, a storage container for resources as well as a build tool that can access it. The container would have shared storage and you could put as many resources in as you needed, they would stack. The build tool would access this storage, allowing you to build more and not be limited by how much titanium or other resources you can carry, as long as you collected it into the container beforehand. Once we finish the game there is not much to do apart from build. This tool would bring you closer to a creative mode experience while not needing to start from zero and rebuild what you already have. Could be unlocked after the final quest, or 15 artifacts scanned.
  6. Lightweight or merged versions of existing items. Having an option to upgrade a heavy air tank or the reinforced dive suit to remove the speed penalty, or restore the movement speed bonus to the electrical finds would be nice. Or merging the dive suits together into an outfit that had all the benefits and no speed penalty. Could be too powerful, but a nice thing to gain in the endgame.
  7. Two way power connections. Makes me wonder why two bases cant be connected to the same grind via power connectors, or a beam that could be split to supply power to two bases. Would be nice to have - building a central power plant and distributing it around the map for smaller bases to consume.
  8. The Stillsuit could reduce water usage. Instead of giving us recycled water, how about wearing the suit slowed our water drain to that of Food so both bars decay at the same rate?
  9. Prawn Drill efficiency upgrade. When drilling veins, we can get one or two resources per fragment. An upgrade that would set it to always get two, or even increase it would be interesting.
  10. The Moonpool could repair vehicles. The Snowfox station both repairs and recharges, the Moonpool could do the same, or could have this feature added after you build a Vehicle upgrade console. Would be more incentive to make these after you have your fleet already built.
  11. Always run. Having the ability to toggle always running in options would be great, would save a lot of people from having to hold that shift button.

These are a few ideas I thought about, let me know what you think.