More continuous buildables in Below Zero [Spoiler?]

1h41h4 Join Date: 2021-03-14 Member: 268282Members
Right so, after buying the game a while back I finally decided to spend some time playing it.
I couldn't help but notice a certain pattern. There is so many cool things that should be buildable that aren't!
After a certain point I can't follow the storyline anymore and so I spend my time mapping out the map properly, building bases etc. while I wait for the ending to be unlocked. It's really a shame that you can't make bases as cosmetically pretty as you could with just a few more parts.
For example, the most basic ones - there is so many planters that are completely implementable but just don't exist. Alterra bases have a certain variety of the large room that's just a tiny bit smaller. Medium room, maybe? Oftentimes I wish I could have a room that I can build custom walls in but that isn't as massive as the large room. As such, it could support walls and doors and it would be just a tiny bit smaller - a rectangular multipurpose room.
Omega Lab has a planter that goes from the bottom of the room all the way up - this would be insanely cool, considering multipurpose rooms look really empty!
Now that land bases are "officially" a thing, why can't we have catwalks? All my bases look boring as hell while every Alterra base looks cool because of them.
On the more complex side of things, what about exposed exterior PRAWN bays? They would make a lot of sense atleast in the water, more so in addition to the catwalks. You could maybe remove any ability to modify the PRAWN in these bays and restrict it to a moonpool, making it a late-game convenience / cosmetic item or a stepping stone. I have two land bases, both of which have to have a bunch of power cell chargers to charge the PRAWNs that just... stand next to them when they're not used. One of them's never been to the sea and doesn't even have it's name changed, because the closest moonpool is 2km away.
Also, I might be tripping here but I think there's desks and shelves that can't be built for no reason whatsoever? I'm pretty sure I saw a specific desk that looks just like the regular "Desk" you can build but without the screens. Phi Robotics Center has a locker that's a mix between the wall locker and standalone locker - it's literally a thin standalone locker. I think "gear lockers" like were also found in the Aurora would be really cool.
Now this is the one part I'm not sure about - what if we could dim the lighting of individual rooms and have buildable indoor lights? Something like the spotlight but fixed, non-spinning for the interior. Or grow lights. I have 3 multipurpose rooms for growing crops and having a static strong light inside just looks weird, especially if I don't have a glass dome ceiling.
Cosmetic lab equipment, computers, smaller tables, etc. and cosmetic pieces for themed rooms would be an incredible addition.
I understand bases are meant for function, but I don't want to be insanely dissatisfied my base late game just because I have no way to make it look cool.