Steam "VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES..." does not work correctly

CRaZyCAT_RusCRaZyCAT_Rus Russia Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188899Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
Several time I was suffering being kicked from server with error that my game files do not match the server's.

If I check game cache through steam it says that all files successfully passed the check.

So the steam verification is wrong because I deleted the file given in log.txt, redownloaded it and took hashes: the hashes turn out to be wrong.

I attached archive containing both files: the regular file is a wrong file which pass the steam cache verify for some reason and the "*(2).dds" file is a redownloaded correct file.

Have no idea why and how files could became different. You can see an example of altered byte on 4123920 (0x3eed10) offset.

I assume that my ns2 folder contains quite a bunch of such corrupted game files and hope I can help to find out why files pass the steam integrity check but in the same time fail game server integrity check (I witnessed that a lot of people had such issue appeared for a long time) so I'll able to provide more altered files. If it's known issue and nothing going to change I'll delete my models catalog soon to avoid forthcoming errors then.