Multiple Choices for Crafting Ingredients

PlasmaStruckPlasmaStruck Usa Join Date: 2016-04-23 Member: 216049Members
My suggestion is to allow making multiple variations of items for vehicles, modules, and base components.
Along with a small cosmetic difference the vehicles could have stat differences like different crush depth, damage resistance, and for energy modules different levels of efficiency.
Base components could have different reinforcement ratings but would mostly be cosmetic differences.
With depth modules, better hull materials could make them have a larger benefit but they would need to be temporarily removed to edit the vehicles hull.
It could also come with a way to edit vehicles with the construction tool so they don't need to be replaced along with getting back the original resources(that can also avoid a situation of players waiting till they have a better resource before making a vehicle).
Large vehicles like the cyclops could be able to have each segment edited like the main hull and engine having different materials.
Some resources could have different pros and cons to use but with certain later game ones being better on average.
In the habitat builder the options could be accessed by right clicking on what the player wants to craft. The options could be added by gathering those resources.
I think adding this would be a good way to add more variety to how players can play, along with having fun experimenting. It could also allow for multiple choices in how to get ingredients and better utilization of the environment. Some of it maybe could be incorporated into part of the main progression such as making a vehicle able to go slightly deeper to reach something, resist higher temperatures, make less noise, and blend in better.

This is not required but could be a way to have enough materials:
Maybe add a base module or interior module that could be used for making different alloys so there doesn't need to be too many different ores or resources scattered around. If this is also used then I recommend not having a lot of the same resources used for different alloys so the player isn't just using the same things and where the base location could still have a decent effect on how it's made.