Prawn becoming immobilized while inside alien bases

finnianrfinnianr Ireland Join Date: 2020-06-08 Member: 261712Members
edited July 2020 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
The first time I reached the alien thermal power plant my prawn became completely immobile and I lost over an hour of gameplay to restart. Incredibly annoying! After that it stated happening frequently, but always when I was inside an alien base. There is plenty of power battery left, and it is fully repaired. I can enter and get out, and even rotate the prawn, but it will not walk in any direction. I have to save the game before entering alien base with a prawn. But it is necessary as I found a pile of ion cubes which can only be mined with the aid of the prawn. In total I experienced a total of 3 immobilizations within one evening. Please fix this bug. It really spoils the game.

Comments

• VectronVectron USA Join Date: 2020-07-29 Member: 262854Members
    I had the same issue on xbox 1 version. I was able to keep playing thanks to the grappling hook pulling me forward. The problem usually went away when I changed floor types. This was particularly bothersome in the Primary Containment Facility, but was also a lesser issue in other alien facilities. I would always keep the grappling hook on board.
  • Zman_JrZman_Jr Join Date: 2020-07-29 Member: 262857Members
    Same thing happened to me in the final alien base, I then saved and reloaded multiple times, and when i get into the game I fly around, glitch through the inactive lava zone and die, this is completely game breaking and I can no longer play if I want to keep my hours and ours of grinding for my cyclops and prawn suit, please fix this ASAP
  • HowardEHowardE Tampa Join Date: 2020-08-04 Member: 263008Members
    Haven't heard about this, have you solved it?!
  • OldMikeyBoyOldMikeyBoy Join Date: 2020-09-15 Member: 263989Members
    I have experienced this many times since the last update. Always in the precursor bases. As mentioned above by Vectron, I have been able to cope with the use of the grappling hook (which I usually have equipped anyway) to get me to a different spot where I can move again.
  • GranistarGranistar Manchester, NH Join Date: 2019-08-11 Member: 254249Members
    Literally just occurred again for me. I got into the Alien Containment Facility, as soon as I reached the ramp in the PRAWN, boom, PRAWN is frozen, cannot move no matter what, and getting out of it I'm half in the ground. This issue is making the game unplayable. I love you guys but this is a real serious issue.
  • kenpachi85kenpachi85 United States Join Date: 2020-10-27 Member: 264994Members
    edited October 2020
    This is a minor issue in the grand scheme of bugnautica. You can solve this if you have the grappling arm and yank yourself around. If you can pull yourself around 20ft or more it'll break you loose and you'll be able to walk normally again though you may have to repeat the procedure.

Just wait till you get a bug like I got where the sea empress and her eggs disappear. Cant complete the game and nothing makes the stuff load back in. Got the hatching enzyme and returned to a ghost town. Literally nothing I can do my 130hr game save is ruined now. If any of y'all are having issues I suggest just forgetting about this game and saving yourself the trouble. The devs literally dont care and bugs have gone unfixed for years. Theres no evidence that they have ever tried to fix a single one of this games numerous game ending bugs.

And even if they are too lazy or incompetent they could've allowed us to have multiple save files. That way we could try to go back in time if the game suddenly decides to crap out something it does frequently once you reach the pcf. But that would take effort on the devs part and they barely put any in when making this game and promptly abandoned it after release.