Cyclops-docked Seamoth Vanishing bug

FlaviusFireFlaviusFire Members Join Date: 2020-04-01 Member: 259458Posts: 4 Fully active user
This has happened twice to me now, the first time it was fully upgraded too. I didn't realize it was a bug until the second time. As you can see in the linked video the Cyclops thinks the Seamoth is still docked though it completely vanished from the map. I think it may have been triggered by me sleeping.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UVpzDdSyFI6DzcEqFps45s2PPEnR0JuX

(I don't know if the video can be played yet, it may have to process still.)

Anyway, I'm hesitant to craft another one until this is addressed. My game version is "63668-26310153-Windows", from the Epic Games Store.

Comments

• ButtersButters Members Join Date: 2020-04-05 Member: 259639Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    edited April 5
    Cant watch vid you need access.

Its on google and its says your account needs access to watch the video
  • TriquetraSAITriquetraSAI Raleigh, NCMembers Join Date: 2020-06-17 Member: 261916Posts: 4 Fully active user
    i'm having the same issue. Docked sesmoth gets destroyed when descending. Panel still shows docked moth. Anybody find a fix?
  • TriquetraSAITriquetraSAI Raleigh, NCMembers Join Date: 2020-06-17 Member: 261916Posts: 4 Fully active user
    Just built a brand new Cyclops, no modifications and nothing built in it. Parked a brand new, no-mod Seamoth in it. First time the Cyclops went down at all, it exploded the Seamoth.
  • FlaviusFireFlaviusFire Members Join Date: 2020-04-01 Member: 259458Posts: 4 Fully active user
    i'm having the same issue. Docked sesmoth gets destroyed when descending. Panel still shows docked moth. Anybody find a fix?

It's clearly a bug. My fix was just to create a new one using commands. It's not cheating if it disappeared due to a glitch to do it that way, as far as I'm concerned.

You can find how to do it here, but the commands you'l need to do are "spawn seamoth" and if you had any upgrades on it write "seamothupgrades" to be given every upgrade module available. Take the ones you need and throw the ones you didn't actually earn yet into the Jellyshroom caves or something.
    TriquetraSAI
    Okay I admit, that is a very fun solution. What an odd bug though! It doesnt seem like many other people are having it.
  • oscottyoscotty Members Join Date: 2020-07-16 Member: 262583Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    I had the same thing happen, though I didn't realize at the time it was a bug. I thought maybe the seamoth got discharged when going at emergency speed to go faster or something.